Osho used words to bring silence in us. Osho used Quotes, Stories and Jokes to give Insight about Meditation. Osho has devised many new Meditations and refined many Old meditations for the new Man. Osho meditations are raising the consciousness and helping many Meditators.
Here is a collection of Osho Meditation Quotes. these Osho meditation Quotes are selected from Various Osho Books
1 ) Meditation is not really mind-effort. Real meditation is not effort at all. Real meditation is just allowing the mind to have its own way, and not interfering in any way whatsoever — just remaining watchful, witnessing. It silences, by and by, it becomes still. One day it is gone. You are left alone.
2) Meditation has only one meaning, and that is going beyond the mind and becoming a witness. In your witnessing is the miracle — the whole mystery of life.
3) Meditation is nothing but putting the mind aside, putting the mind out of the way, and bringing a witnessing which is always there but hidden underneath the mind. This witnessing will reach to your center, and once you have become enlightened, then there is no problem. Then bring the mind in tune with you.
4) Meditation does not mean concentration, it does not mean contemplation: it means getting beyond the mind. Concentration, contemplation, are both of the mind. Meditation means getting unidentified with the mind, seeing the mind as separate, knowing the mind as separate, witnessing the mind but not getting identified with it. Slowly slowly as witnessing grows, the distance grows between you and the mind. Soon the mind is a faraway echo, and finally you cannot even hear the echo; then you are left utterly alone.
That needs courage, hence very few people have been able to know their own selves, and very few people have been able to become Buddhas. Before one can become a Buddha, one has to pass through a death — of the mind, of the ego, of all that we think we are. We have to lose all that we think we possess, then only can we possess the eternal.
5) Meditation is not contemplation either because it is not thinking at all — consistent, inconsistent, crazy, sane. It is not thinking at all; it is witnessing. It is just sitting silently deep within yourself, looking at whatsoever is happening inside and outside both. Outside there is traffic noise, inside there is also traffic noise — the traffic in the head. So many thoughts — trucks and buses of thoughts and trains and airplanes of thoughts, rushing in every direction. But you are simply sitting aloof, unconcerned, watching everything with no evaluation.
6) It does not matter that you have become a sannyasin; it won’t change anything unless your sannyas triggers a meditativeness in you.
7) Remember, meditation is not something that is done by the mind, it is the absence of the mind. When the mind stops meditation happens. It is not something out of the mind, it is something beyond the mind. And whenever you are alert, the mind is not.
8) Religion has only one answer and that answer is meditation. And meditation means how to empty yourself.
9) Meditation cannot be purchased and no one can give it to you. You have to achieve it. It is not something outer, it is something inner, a growth, and that growth comes through awareness.
10) Meditation cannot be a fragmented thing, it should be a continuous effort. Every moment one has to be alert, aware and meditative.
11) Remember, meditation can never be result-oriented; you simply meditate, that’s all. Everything happens but it will not be a result. If you are seeking the result nothing will happen; meditation will be useless.
12) Meditation is not contemplation, it is action — action of the whole, of the total being. In the West particularly. Christianity has created a false impression, and meditation looks like contemplation. It is not. Because of Christianity the West has missed many things, and one of them is meditation, the rarest flowering of a human being, because they have made it equivalent to contemplation. Contemplation is thinking. Meditation is no-thinking.
for more Meditation Quotes